The King Edward's Horse bandsman's tunic was of khaki cloth with scarlet mohair lace to the collar and cuffs as per the Full Dress tunic of the Officer's and Other Ranks (Figures 154-155). A distinctive feature of the bandsman's tunic was the broad scarlet shoulder cords with the left adorned with a scarlet aiguillette, terminating with metal tangs. A pair of King Edward's Horse Regimental collar badges and King Edward's Horse brass buttons are shown on the tunic. The trousers bore a double vertical scarlet stripe. The cap (Figure 156) bears the additional scarlet line to the crown that set it apart from the regular King Edward's Horse service cap as was the case with the King's Colonials Service Dress cap. The cap badge worn in the cap was the Saxon Crown First pattern headdress badge.Figure 154: The King Edward's Horse bandsman's tunic circa 1910-14 (Photographs courtesy Stephen Bosley, Bosley's auction catalogue, lot number 865, March 2008).
The band of the King Edward’s Horse as again described by Sergeant Bottle comprised 26 members: Bandmaster, eight Clarinettists, four Cornets, French Horn, Eb Clarinet, Flute, Oboe, Euphonium, Saxophone, two tenor Trombones, one Bass Trombone, Bombardon, Bass Drum, Side Drum and Cymbals.
The band of King Edward’s Horse was led by Quarter Master Serjeant Major Frederic Willet Skepelhorn in 1914.Figures 155-156: The King Edward's Horse bandsman's trousers and Service Dress cap circa 1913 (Photographs courtesy Victor Taboika).